Trio of Meteor Showers and
More Can’t Miss Sky Events in November
- November 4th and 5th - South Taurid Meteor Shower
- November 5th - The moon will pass through the constellation Taurus, bringing it near the bright orange star Aldebaran.
- November 12th - North Taurid Meteor Shower
- November 13th - The two brightest planets in the night sky, Venus and Jupiter, will hang together low in the eastern sky
- November 16th - 17th - Look up late at night on the 16th and into the early morning hours of the 17th for a flurry of shooting stars during the peak of the annual Leonid meteor shower.
- November 20th - A thin crescent moon will appear just above and to the right of the planet Saturn.
- November 29th - Look for a colorful pairing as the orange-toned Mars and blue-hued Spica appear close together.
Read all the details here at National Geographic!